Impact Kenya is a Kenya based program that uses media, technology and innovation to hold both national and county leadership accountable in governance. We specifically deal with the following.
- Awareness of Climate Crisis
- Corruption and nepotism
- Elections Monitoring and Reporting
- Countering Violent Extremism and Promoting Peace
- Youth Leadership, Representation and Empowerment
- Easy Access to Public Health
This is a flagship program of Impactnet Africa (formerly Olives Media). The company was started by Andrew Akelo Omogo, a senior journalism student at United States International University – Africa (USIU Africa) and a 2014 President Barrack Obama’s Mandela Washington Fellow.
Olives Media was formed in December of 2010 as both a non-profit and for-profit advocacy platform for Public Policy and governance issues in Africa; using media, technology and innovation to solve seemingly complex public policy challenges in Africa. This major inaugural program supports the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- SDG One: No Poverty
- SDG Three: Good Health and Well Being
- SDG Seven: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG Eight: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG Nine: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG Ten: Reduced Inequalities
- SDG Twelve: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG Sixteen: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions