Impact Integrated Information and Communication Technology Laboratory or ImpactLab is an incubation center created by Olives Media that uses media, technology and innovation to conduct experiments on integrated, global eCommerce platforms to solve seemingly complex public policy challenges.
To be located both at Jewel Complex, next to Thika Road Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, the first chapter of the incubator should have a team that identifies complex public policy challenges that may exist now or in the future and come up with integrated global information technology based or eCommerce solutions to solve them. Our central pillars are the following:
- Open and collaborative learning and development
- Solving a currently unaddressed challenge or preempting an emerging one, especially on issues of democracy, freedom of expression, proper public policy and governance.
- Active maintenance of technologies demanded and utilized by people on the front lines of any environments or authorities that suppress freedom of expression, media or access to information.
- Entrepreneurship to ensure sustenance and profitability
- Use of Technology to empower local communities and to reach those yet unreached with technology.
We have every intention of having at least one incubator in every continent to help launch some of the ideas might have global impact. The second lab to be developed will be in Palo Alto, California and then Shenzhen, China.
Olives Media hopes to launch mega relational database (social media and eCommerce) platforms that could revolutionize certain industries globally, by using this laboratory. We have the concepts in place as we create this infrastructure to launch each of them.
All integrated, global online platforms mentioned on this site are being developed by Impact Lab after which they are handed over to various departments with Olives Media and various stakeholders interested in them around the world to use them to solve the identified problems. Impact Lab will also have hosting capabilities with latest cyber defense systems to be able to host the platforms.
The objectives of this program include the following
- To contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, by ensuring recording, storage, proper protection and dissemination of accurate data to various stake holders in the private, public policy and governance sectors.
- Creating new open source circumvention technologies that fill a current need of targeted users; improving the security, usability, and adaptability of existing open source internet freedom technologies.
- To counter disinformation, promote reliable independent sources, and facilitate access to information for ordinary citizens on public issues. Thus ensure easy access, credibility, transparency and accountability in the service we provide to the various stakeholders.
- To support freedom of expression, a diversity of public opinion and representation, and counter illegal hate speech online, particularly in times of societal stress or crisis (Voice and Participation), like potential post-election chaos (Even taking legal action against government if necessary should rights and freedoms be infringed).
- To incubate, support and conduct projects that emphasize applied research that focuses on real-time monitoring and analysis of both technical and political threats to internet freedom, including network interference and shutdowns.
- To support various departments of government and all other stake holders, both local and international, with proper data as evidence should there be disputes on data in any public policy or democratic processes.
- To ensure there’s constant existence of peace and tranquility among the diverse ethnic and religious groups after a democratic process. This is meant to ensuring continued protection and improvement of human rights and fundamental freedoms and to protect the minority and the vulnerable groups in society.
Various activities we will pursue at ImpactLab Includes
- Maintenance of proper, top notch technological infrastructure with latest cyber defense systems to help with the development of eCommerce or online media projects or programs.
- Hiring of the best skilled information and communication technology talent before they go to any other company, ready to deploy them to continue developing projects that would have matured into companies with proper business models.
- Analyzing current Public Policy and eCommerce challenges and monitor the government’s efforts towards using technology to improve service delivery or protect and enhance freedom of opinion.
- Bringing in various stakeholders from Government, Finance, Non Profit, Entrepreneurs, Academia and Independent Constitutionally empowered institutions to get them involved in experiments that may solve major public policy challenges.
- Development of prototypes based on the challenges that we come up with.
- Development and Pitching of Public Policy and eCommerce ideas
- Collection and analysis of the target market’s response data on experiments and Iterations of prototypes being developed.
- General Data Back up and Protection
- Release findings to the public on the various specific research projects or contracts that the company may be given by various stakeholders (majorly a for profit venture).
- Promotion and visibility of our projects through various well connected and easily accessible media channels.
- Getting both non-profits and investors on board to either fund or support ideas with proven business models.
All integrated, global online platforms mentioned on this site and those that are yet to be revealed inside Olives Media or ImpactLab are creations of Olives Media and ImpactLab and as such are copyrighted and patented protocols subject to copyright and patenting laws of the United States, the Republic of Kenya and world trade organization. Copying or Licensing of the same technological protocols without the express permission of Olives Media or ImpactLab will lead to prosecution.