From March of 2019, we hold a county by county town hall or conference panel based Live discussion forum that will involve both young and old County and National Leaders directly answering questions from the chosen public on regular basis.
This chosen public will be about 100 to 300 people composed of members of youth organizations, civil society, private companies, diplomatic representations, both community, political and human rights activists and any groups that need be represented.
The objectives of this program include the following
- To increase awareness and civic engagement in public affairs and decision making.
- To monitor and respond to the impact of private sector activity and its impact people’s rights.
- To monitor implementation of public policy and the management of public resources.
- To monitor public service delivery, improve transparency and accountability, and contribute to the fight against corruption, particularly at the level of client interface.
- To get leaders to directly engage the public in issues of governance and accountability to public decisions and allocation of resources.
- To constantly air gender based and other marginalized issues, putting a spotlight on them that they may be addressed.
- To share timely governance information with the electorate and keep the public well informed that they may not stay ignorant. This helps the electorate make right decisions come the elections day or relevantly contribute to community development if called upon.
- Lastly, the overall goal, to provide a platform for constant direct dialogue and information sharing between the electorate and their local leaders.
Media and Data collection channels
- Viewership of the Forum in various media Channel particularly the Inaugural TV Channel
- Emails and Responses from the Public
- Social Media (Twitter, YouTube #ImpactKenya, Facebook, Impact Kenya)